Healthonomy helps keep our clients updated on changes in the industry and regulations that impact workers compensation and personal injury practices.
California Devision of Workers’ Compensation
- California Division of Workers’ Compensation Website
- Physician’s Guide to Medical Practice in the California Workers’ Compensation System – This is a good overview of treating in CA WC, but some of this guide is out of date based on the SB 863 reforms of 2012.
- Medical Treatment Utilization Schedule — California’s evidenced-based treatment guidelines — overview and regulations
- Hierarchy of guidelines – MTUS is presumptively correct, but may be controverted based on a preponderance of scientific medical evidence
- Fee schedule — overview and physician
- Disability Rating — overview, current schedule, and FAQs
- Medical Provider Networks (MPNs) — what are they, how are they constituted, how do I get added?
- SB863 — what is it, what changed, how does it affect care in WC
- IMR Decisions — what has been sent to IMR and how has it been decided?
- Injured Worker Guidebook
- Return to work — guide for small businesses
Workers Compensation Insurance Rating Bureau of California
- Workers’ Compensation Insurance Rating Bureau of California (WCIRB)
- 2012 Report on Losses and Expenses — detailed information on medical payments by insured employers (amount paid by payee types, by specialty, etc.)
California State Compensation Insurance Fund
- CA State Compensation Insurance Fund Website
- A Treating Physician’s Guide to Patient Care in the Workers’ Compensation System – Another good overview of treating in CA WC, but again some of the guide will be out of date based on the 2012 SB 863 reforms.